Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Since I Can't Keep Up With EVERY Religion

I'm going to continue to bone up on new-earth creationism and the Bible. I feel like if I bone up any more on the Bible I'll be sick, but I think at this point it's worth it. Every time I come across someone who wants to attack science and reason with emotional arguments and points from an Iron Age book written by a bunch of uneducated homophobes and misogynists (sorry, Bible, I know you too well - also apologies to the gospel-writer Luke who was apparently a doctor) I feel:

1. Sad. Oh, so sad.
2. Irritated. Massively irritated.
3. Paranoid - MUST MAKE SURE I DON'T MAKE JUDGMENTS ON THINGS I HAVEN'T RESEARCHED!!!!!!
4. Exhausted and overwhelmed.

As exhausting and overwhelming as it may be, I feel that if I can cause one irrational person to act in a slightly more rational way, I've done something worthwhile. Nothing ever is achieved by people sitting back and being pissed off. As long as people feel that they know better because they are "inspired" or "can feel the truth" or "are doing God's will," the world is not safe from extremism.

In other news:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKRLR9jhP_DM%26feature%3Dpopular&h=a781a

1 comment:

  1. Which is exactly the reason I posted that blog- emotions. I was annoyed, aggravated, and all around pissed off at this kid. ::sigh:: What am I going to do. First of all I need to quit letting simple people make me so mad, which leads to me sounding unintelligent hahaha, and disrespectful.

    ReplyDelete